Instagram is finally entitled to a dark mode on Android 10. Like many applications, including Facebook Messenger, the social network has finally decided to move on the dark side. To benefit before anyone else, we invite you to download the beta version of the application.
Facebook has been working on a dark mode for Instagram for some time now. Last month, it was discovered that a dark mode for Instagram is in the beta test. To be clear, the dark mode has been available to users of the Instagram app Alpha. Some users have benefited, but only a handful of them.
That said, Dark Mode is now available to all users of the beta version of Instagram. As you can see in the pictures provided, Instagram has adopted a dark mode with a pure black background. If you have a dark mode activated in your OS, the beta of Instagram will adapt automatically. But, there is no button in the settings at the moment.
This dark mode should allow you to save battery power on devices equipped with OLED displays. Some parts of the user interface adopt a dark gray color scheme, but for the most part, it is black. The white and dark gray text is also included in the combination.
The dark theme should be made available in the stable channel in the near future. I test it for a few days, and I have not encountered any bug for the moment. It’s always a good sign because it means that a stable version is near. We expect this feature to arrive in the main and stable Instagram application within a few weeks.
If you want to install Instagram Beta and try the dark mode, well, you can. There are two ways to do it, actually.
Test the dark mode
One way to do this is to go to the Google Play Store and open the list of Instagram apps. There you will see an option to join the beta channel. Once you agree, you will have to wait a bit until the process is complete. Then the Google Play Store will install the beta version of Instagram on your smartphone.
If you want to do it manually, it is also possible, although there is no real reason to do it. You can go to APK Mirror, and download the latest APK for Instagram Beta to install it manually. As already mentioned, going to the Play Store and registering for the beta program is a much simpler solution.
It should be noted that Instagram Beta will replace your current Instagram application, the one you have installed. That’s it, you have it. If you want to sign up for the beta program go to Play Store.
How to Get Instagram Dark Mode on iPhone
You can enable dark mode on Instagram for iPhone by going to Settings> General> Accessibility> View Accommodations> Invert Colors> Smart Reverse> Enable / Disable.
If you want to follow an easier step, follow the instructions below:
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Settings app and go to General> Accessibility.
- Scroll down the accessibility page and tap the ‘accessibility shortcut’ option.
- On the next page, select the ‘Smart Invert Colors’ option. Make sure a check mark appears next to you when you tap it.
- Return to the Home screen and quickly press the Home button three times.
- On new iPhones, press the side button three times to display the menu. At the third press, the dark mode will be activated or you will get a menu with the option Smart reversing. In the case of the menu, press the Smart Invert option.
- Once the smart invert mode is installed, you can launch Instagram with a brand new dark fashion look.