Microsoft is preparing to launch a new device, called Andromeda, which began to talk about months ago, during the year 2019, according to a Tech portal quoted technical journalist Brad Sams.
In July, reports said Microsoft wanted to revive PDAs, which were previously personal computers, but small enough to fit into the pocket.
It appears that the company is working on a new device called Andromeda, which will be an extension of the current Surface series, and is characterized by folding, and is equipped with two screens.
The talk about Andromeda is based on hints from Panos Panay, the head of the Servis device division, a potential partnership with LG to develop the possible mini PC screens.
The previously published patents give a good idea of the most likely physical design, which Andromeda will get, describing flexible hinges with a mechanism that allows it to rotate, and a collection of screens to be a laptop or tablet.
Tech Giant Microsoft will not be going to use regular old Windows Phone Operating System, which is now a days dead for a while now. Reports are circulating, Microsoft will offer a fully-fledged Windows experience with some minor or major trimming at best.
It is also believed that Microsoft intends to use the second screen as a keyboard.
Most of the phone giants are have plans for many devices and products which have already been in the pipeline to launch in 2019, how can Microsoft not use that opportunity and stay without competing.
So, here are some expected features:
- Foldable device with dual screen separated by a hinge.
- The input method is mainly touch, but a pen is also provided for a pocket journal like and Windows Ink integration experience.
- Processor definitely would be a Snapdragon but which version is still not clear.
- This device will come with 64GB or 128GB of internal memory.
- Because of ARM technology, the battery will not drain out fast. So, it will run for a full day with a single charge.
- On the core, OS would be based on Windows Core OS.
Almost all of the phones are coming in 2019 are powered with new technologies such as 5G and foldable displays. Some new report tells, it has been made crystal clear that Microsoft is also on the same page as other tech giants like Samsung, LG and Huawei are on, who are preparing to launch their very first foldable devices in 2019, So 2019 will be gonna great year for smartphones lovers.