The Samsung Galaxy A6 is a budget alternative to the Samsung Galaxy S9. It’s less powerful, a little less pretty, but also costs a third of the price. A6 comes with a pretty adequate 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage, though a higher-specced 4GB/64GB version is also available in some places. There’s a microSD slot too and a dedicated one regardless of SIM count.
Samsung Galaxy A6 (2018) features a sturdy metal design in a compact thin and elegant body and it features the Samsung Experience interface, but it also makes a few compromises that you should be aware of. Of course, all those compromises are in line with the affordable price.
Samsung Galaxy A6 is quite different in looks than other Galaxy phones, with its metal, rather than glass, rear. Out of fashion, it may be, but aluminium still feels good and which also increases its durability.
– The phone is expected to come from the Super AMOLED Capacitive, which supports touch and multi-touch measuring 6.0 inches.
– The screen area is 77.9 cm², 77.9% of the front of the phone.
– The screen is expected to come in 2160 × 1080 pixels, with 9: 18 dimensions, and pixel density of 402 pixels per inch.
– The phone is not expected to support the protection layer of Corning glass Gorilla.
– The phone is not expected to support dust and water protection.
– Samsung Galaxy A6 is expected to support multi-touch and this feature is very powerful for game lovers.
– Front Camera: The phone is expected to come with a 12-megapixel front camera, without information about the size of the aperture.
– Back Camera: The phone is expected to come with a 12-megapixel double-lens back camera and a 2-megapixel camera, no information on the size of the lens.
– The camera will have features such as predictive phase adjustment of the lens focus, panorama, and HDR photography, and LED flash.
– The camera is expected to support 2160 pixel video shooting at 30 frames per second and 1080p at 30 frames per second.
Performance and Operating System
– The phone is expected to work on the latest operating system of Android version 8.0 (Oreo).
– The phone is expected to come eight-core processor Snapdragon 660, quad-core 2.2 GHz Kryo 385 Gold, and quad-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver.
The phone is expected to support an Adreno 512 graphics processor.
The processors are expected to work with 6 gigabytes (GB) of random access memory (RAM) and internal storage memory with the first 64 GB and the 128GB.
The phone is expected to support external microSD memory storage, which allows up to 512 GB of storage capacity, in the second chip port.
– Expected battery capacity: The phone is expected to come with a 3300 mA lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
– Fast charging: The battery is not expected to support the fast charging feature.
– Wireless Charging: The battery does not support wireless charging.
– The phone is expected to come at around PKR Rs 42,899.
The Samsung Galaxy A6 is an all-round device that falls in the mid-range. It has great cameras, good battery capacity, a strong processor that can handle seamless multitasking and an immersive display which can provide with great cinematic experience. The performance of the device is great, with no sign of drawback. If this budget is not an issue, just go for it.