Fortunately, it is very easy to activate an additional layer of security on your account which means that your account can only be compromised if someone gets a 6-digit security code.
Unfortunately, these security options will not protect against a serious hack such as: (media file jacking) which may cause malware to be installed inside the app, which can then monitor incoming files for the app, or hack your device itself.
But all you would do is provide another layer of protection if someone tricked you into sharing your security code, a process known as Social Hacking.
(Social piracy) operations are usually used to manipulate and deceive victims into revealing sensitive data or bypassing security measures that allow access to data; in many cases, the attacker exploits his relationship with the person who deceives him to give him important information that allows access to accounts.
For this reason, it is extremely important to remember these two rules:
- Never share any important data of your accounts with anyone.
- In the event of the worst, setting up the two-factor authentication feature on your accounts will be another obstacle to prevent anyone from logging into your account.
Here’s how to secure WhatsApp:
Go to the WhatsApp app, and tap the three dots icon in the top right of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the “Account” option.
- Click on Two-step verification.
- Click on the “Enable” option.
- You will be asked to enter a 6-digit passcode, then confirm it by entering the number again, and it is very important that you remember this number because it will be the new password that you will use to open your account on WhatsApp basically.
- You will be asked to enter an email address, where the WhatsApp app will send a link to it that you can use to disable two-factor authentication if you lose or forget the passcode.
Please note that if you ever receive an email to disable the two-factor authentication process even though you did not request it, do not click on the link in that message, then someone might be trying to control your WhatsApp account.