Apple’s application store “Tumbler” was deleted last November due to the publication of photos of assault on children on the podium.
Templer said it would block any adult content from December 17.
The move angered many users, saying they use the communication platform to disclose their sexual orientation.
But Jeff Donovrio, chief executive of Tumbler, said: “There is no shortage of adult content sites.”
“We spent considerable time weighing the pros and cons of expression in the community that includes adult content. In doing so, it became clear that without this content we have the opportunity to create a place where more people feel comfortable expressing themselves,” D’Onofrio said in a statement on the company’s blog. “Bottom line: There are no shortage of sites on the internet that feature adult content. We will leave it to them and focus our efforts on creating the most welcoming environment possible for our community.”
The network’s new guideline prohibits genital or sexual images, including illustrations.
There will be an exception to works of art and political protest using nudity.
The network will provide tools for reporting infringing content, and users may request clarification or objection if their content is blocked.
Users will be able to report questionable content via a new reporting system, while blog owners who feel their posts were inappropriately flagged as “adult” can file an appeal.
But many users have threatened to leave the Templar platform and have posted their blogs elsewhere before deleting them.
Some also objected to the two-week deadline, which the site announced, and considered it insufficient to help them store what they had previously published.